The RailTech Innovation Awards are back, and with more focus on start-ups. For all categories, there is a regular award and one specifically for start-up companies, which play an important role in accelerating innovation in the railway sector.
Awarding the prizes for the most promising innovations in rail will take place at the international exhibition and conference RailTech Europe 2022. The hybrid event takes place in Utrecht, the Netherlands on 21-23 June, being postponed from the original date in March due to corona.
The best innovative product or service will be awarded in the following three categories.
- Technology & Design
For all categories there is also a start-up innovation award. Companies that are around for one to three years apply for the start-up award of the respective category.
To apply for the RailTech Innovation Awards, the product or service should fit the following criteria:
- It should be new and innovative
- Solve a problem or challenge
- Be applicable and an improvement for the rail industry
The submissions will be judged by a professional jury that consists of experts in the rail industry. The jury members will be:
- Prof. dr. ir. Rolf Dollevoet (ProRail)
- Dr. Matthias Landgraf (Technical University of Graz)
- Enno Wiebe (Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies CER)
- Claudia Falkinger (Hawkinger)
- Diego Galar (Technical University of Luleå)
Submissions can be entered on the RailTech Europe website. The deadline for submitting is 25 April.